One of the most fun outdoor activities you can engage is night time hunting. Nothing like strapping on your favorite night vision device and hunting in the dark. For this reason picking the right NVD. In this article, we are going to show you the 5 best night vision goggles for hunting. To see our full night vision comparison guide click here.
XIKEZAN 16GB Digital Night Vision Binoculars
The XIKEZAN 16GB Digital Night Vision Binoculars (Click here to check price on Amazon) are a great set for night hunting. We were stunned at how outstandingly clear the picture was. The XIKEZAN night vision binoculars also feature up to 4x magnification, so seeing your target at a distance is a great deal easier. This is perfect for remaining undetected as you make sure you get the perfect shot. These hunting binoculars also feature a 1.5-inch color screen for real-time observation. These hunting binoculars, are also waterproof so they are good for any condition that you may encounter. They take 4 AA batteries.
Armasight Vampire 3X Night Vision Rifle Scope
The Armasight Vampire 3X Night Vision Rifle Scope (Click here to check price on Amazon )is a great option for night vision hunting. This was the first night vision rifle scope we tested so we weren’t really sure what to expect. Let me just say this night vision device surpassed our expectations. The Armasight Vampire night vision scope features 3x magnification so seeing and hitting your target from a distance is much less complicated. Because this is an actual night vision rifle scope that mounts, you don’t need to worry about taking your eye off the target. It comes with an included detachable long-range infrared illuminator. The Armasight Vampire can last up to 4 hours on a single charge.
Firefield FF25023 Tracker Night Vision Binoculars
The Firefield FF25023 Tracker night vision binoculars (Click here to check price on Amazon)are another excellent choice for hunting at night. We found that while testing these, that the battery life was AMAZING! We literally left these night vision binoculars on all night by accident while testing other models and they never died. These night vision binoculars can last up to 72 hours at once. Because these are so lightweight, they are very comfortable and can be worn for long periods of time while you wait for the perfect shot. You can read our full Firefield 225023 review here.
Bushnell LYNX Gen 1 Night Vision Binoculars
The Bushnell LYNX Gen 1 Night Vision Binoculars (Click here to check price on Amazon ) are some of the best binoculars for night vision hunting that we have come across. We like these for hunting because of the stunning High Definition quality clarity. These are the best night vision goggles for night time activities for the money. They are priced right and have a super sleek design. The Bushnell night vision binoculars have a 2.5x magnification that can see pretty far in dark conditions. The Bushnell Lynx is weather resistant and operates on just two AAA batteries. Another reason we simply loved these night vision binoculars for hunting is that the Lynx is exceptionally comfortable to use during long periods of observation and viewing. Since we all know hunting can be a waiting game, its definitely better to wait in comfort.
Firefield FF16001 NVRS Night Vision Riflescope
The Firefield FF16001 NVRS Night Vision Riflescope (Click here to check price on Amazon) is a great night vision device for hunting at night. From our experience, everything about night hunting is time sensitive. For this reason we prefer using night vision scopes over night vision binoculars. The Firefield FF16001 was perfect for the job. Like other Firefield products we have tested in the past such as the Firefield Tracker, Firefield FF25023, and the Firefield Spartan, we found the Firefield FF16001 NVRS to be up to par with the rest of the Firefield family. This night vision scope is a generation 1 night vision device that features 3x magnification, an ergonomic design, and high-quality image resolution. This night vision scope was easy to work with and extremely light weight.
What Is Night Vision Hunting?
3 Things To Look For In The Best Night Vision Goggles For Hunting
- Weight – Pick a night vision device that is light weight. As with most hunting in general, heavier weights will slow down your reaction. Timing is everything especially while hunting at night, you want to make sure you have the quickest aim possible.
- Magnification – Choosing a night vision device with at least 2.5x magnification is important for a few reasons. You are always going to want to keep a distance from whatever it is that you are hunting. Some animals are dangerous and you don’t want to be too close where you end up not having enough time to react. Also, most nocturnal animals have increased hearing, so the further you are away, the better chance you have of remaining undetected.
- Style – In general the best night vision goggles for hunting will be binoculars or night vision scopes. Our preference is the night vision scope for night time hunting because it’s easier not to have to switch devices before you make your shot.
- 1 XIKEZAN 16GB Digital Night Vision Binoculars
- 2 Armasight Vampire 3X Night Vision Rifle Scope
- 3 Firefield FF25023 Tracker Night Vision Binoculars
- 4 Bushnell LYNX Gen 1 Night Vision Binoculars
- 5 Firefield FF16001 NVRS Night Vision Riflescope
- 6 What Is Night Vision Hunting?
- 7 3 Things To Look For In The Best Night Vision Goggles For Hunting